Symptoms Of Hepatitis C

Hepatitis C is an infection which causes inflammation of the liver. Among the primary problems with Hepatitis C is that lots of times the individual doesn’t even understand that...

Hepatitis C is an infection which causes inflammation of the liver. Among the primary problems with Hepatitis C is that lots of times the individual doesn’t even understand that they have the disorder before the damage to the liver is irreversible. Hepatitis C is spread through contact of blood. It’s fairly common with people who regularly use and share intravenous needles. 

Hepatitis C is one strand RNA virus. Within the first six months of this infection it is chronic. Only 15% of people who have Hepatitis C come out of it with a clear bill of health. That means not having any complication or severe liver damage.  The remaining 85% of these cases harbor the virus until it causes scarring and damage to the liver. This is when a person usually realizes that they have the virus.  

Image result for hepatitis c

What Are The Symptoms Of Hepatitis C?

At first onset of the virus a lot of people don’t show any symptoms whatsoever. There are a few hep c symptoms which can occur in the beginning. These can be mistaken as a cold or the flu. Among these are fever and fatigue.

The person may also experience a loss of appetite in addition to some mild naseau. Muscle and joint aches and pains is also a common symptom. The last preliminary symptom is tenderness in the region of the liver. If you experience any one or combination or these symptoms, then you should consult a doctor straight away. You should see a professional if you have had blood transfusions, share needles, or have had multiple unprotected sexual encounters. 

Image result for hepatitis c

Remedies For Hepatitis C

If the person shows only minor liver abnormalities following a diagnosis of Hepatitis C, therapy might not be necessary. The physician may simply require the person to follow up periodically with blood tests to monitor liver functions and assure no scarring or damage occurs to the liver. Antiviral medications can be taken to clear the Hepatitis C virus in the individual’s system.

The treating physician may require the person to bring a combination of drugs to be able to rid them of the Hepatitis virus. After completing medication, blood tests confirm that the virus is gone. If the liver has irreparable damage, then a liver transplant is an option. An individual will have to continue on antiviral medication to ensure the health of the liver.

What Causes Hepatitis C To Occur?

There are a number of factors that cause Hepatitis C. It is spread through blood contact.  There are a few factors which do place some people at a higher danger of contracting the virus. One of those factors has been born to a mother that currently has the Hepatitis C virus.

When a woman is pregnant, the baby and mother share resources from they mother. Unfortunately, they also share the Hepatitis C diagnosis. Individuals who sleep around are at higher risk of contracting Hepatitis C. Anyone who uses illicit injection drugs or who has had a blood transfusion before July 1992 are also at a higher risk level.

 

Categories
Medical